August 9, 2019

Varamahalakshmi Pooja

Hello Everyone...
Wishing you all Happy Varalakshmi varatham.
Today I am celebrating Varalakshmi Vratham at home. This is the first time Iam celebrating this pooja after marriage and also very first time i am going to make Maa Lakshmi ka Idol.
Yes... I always love to decorate Maa lakshmi idol every year but i dont have an idol we use to celebrate with a picture of Lakshmi maata.


This year i thought of making an idol. But I dont have any idea and mom was trying something with the coconut. suddenly an struck in my crafty mind and the creator in me started moulding the idol in mind. I took a Coconut and a pocket of turmeric powder. and geared up  to sculpt. I am not sure how it is going to turn out

Now i mixed the turmeric with water and made a fine thick paste. started moulding  the forehead, then the eyes, nose, cheecks, cjin and lips. the features turned out somewhat ok. then moulded the ears. one ear will fell down when i fix the another one. finally everything got ready.
now the colouring part is done with my cosmetics ...

This is how our Maa lakshmi accepted my poja on the day of Varalakshmi pooja and blessed us with love. Some of the pictures of Maa ji.






No comments: